Worship God Through Prayer
Thanksgiving Scriptures and Prayers
Prayers of thanksgiving are prayers giving thanks, being grateful to God for all His blessings upon our lives. Just look around you, there is so much to be thankful for. We can thank the Lord using scripture or just in our own words.
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT)
Even in times of trials and tribulation we should give thanks to God. I know that it’s difficult sometimes to thank God when we’re hurting but the Word tells us that what was meant for evil He will use for good.
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result,…(Genesis 50:20 NAS)
So let’s give thanks to God today. Worship Him through prayer. Let Him know how much you love Him, and how much you appreciate everything He has done for you. Pray these scriptures and prayers out loud – remember there is power in our words.
Psalm 100 (NLT)
Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth!
Worship the LORD with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the LORD is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
Psalm 107:1 (NLT)
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
Psalm 95:1-6 (NLT)
Come, let us sing to the LORD!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
For the LORD is a great God,
a great King above all gods.
He holds in his hands the depths of the earth
and the mightiest mountains.
The sea belongs to him, for he made it.
His hands formed the dry land, too.
Come, let us worship and bow down.
Let us kneel before the LORD our maker,
1 Chronicles 29:11-13 (NLT)
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. Wealth and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion people are made great and given strength. “O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name!
Prayers of Thanksgiving
- Holy Father, I thank You for the blessings I receive every day. I thank You for everything You have done for me. Thank You for the beauty that surrounds me, thank You for Your provision, for my family and friends, for my health, but most of all, thank You for Your son, Jesus Christ.
- Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your son Jesus Christ to the cross to take away my sins, my diseases, my pain and my sorrow. Thank You Jesus for Your sacrifice. Thank You that You loved me enough to shed Your blood and die for me, and thank You for my salvation.
- Father, I come to You in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, entering into Your presence with thanksgiving and a worshipful heart. My soul will bless You for I know the reason behind my creation, and my heart desires to bring You pleasure. Praising You for Your mercy and goodness in my past, offering up to You the sacrifice of praise in my present, and thank You for what You are preparing for my future – it is the joy and purpose of my life. You have chosen me in this generation to show forth Your praise, expressing to all how You have called me out of my former darkness into a life filled with light. I know when I praise You I am given access to your very Presence. I know that heaven opens up to my life and supernaturally intervenes on my behalf. As I magnify You, my troubles are minimized; as I worship Your Name, help is on the way. I choose to praise You. I refuse to permit an unthankful heart to interfere with my inheritance. My mind will be filled with thoughts about how good You are. My emotions will release their joy. My body will express itself freely. You alone are God and worthy to be praised, and I will worship none other. Praise is going before me and dealing with every evil tactic and scheme of my enemies. Thank You that I am living under an open heaven, free to praise and worship the One who loves me with an everlasting love.
- Father, I thank You for every good and perfect gift that You have given to me in Jesus Christ. Thank You for your grace and the gift of salvation by faith. I thank You that Jesus Christ is in me, the Author and Finisher of faith. I have received the faith of God. I will not shrink back in fear, but I will grow in faith and confidence. I will walk by faith and not by sight. I know that faith pleases You. Nothing is impossible for those who choose to believe in You. I place my trust in You. I know that I will never be disappointed or put to shame for doing so. Thank You for the shield You have provided for my defense. Thank You for Your Word that builds my faith in You. I will walk and live by faith under an open heaven of Your possibilities.
- Lord, thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to help me. The Spirit of God is falling into my situation with me; joining me as my Partner, collaborating with me in prayer; becoming a part of my team, and putting me on a right and stable path. I confess that the Holy Spirit is my companion. When I call out to Him in my moments of need, He quickly comes to my rescue. He opens my spiritual eyes and shows me what I cannot see for myself and opens my spiritual ears so that I may hear His voice, and He gives me the right words to say when I pray.
- Lord, thank you that I will stay focused on my calling and remain determined to do what you’ve called me to do. Your Spirit works mightily in me giving me all the power I need to resist every assault the enemy tries to bring against me. I boldly confess that I will not stop or give up until I have captured that for which Jesus Christ captured for me. I will successfully achieve all that You have called me to do, for I am determined that I will never stop until I have finished the task. Father, thank you for giving me the stamina and perseverance to get the job done. I can and will do exactly what You, Father, have asked me to do.
Top of page
Worship God Through Prayer
Return to Praise and Worship Home Page